We support the three core principles of permaculture:
- Earth care – Looking after the land for the benefit of humans and wildlife.
- People care – Supporting and caring for each other materially and emotionally.
- Fair Shares – Reducing our ecological footprint to one planet size.
We believe that:
- Our actions, both as individuals and as a community can contribute to the needed change in perspective.
- We can make positive contributions for change – human, social, ecological and spiritual.
- We strive to create an inclusive social environment that celebrates diversity and values individuals irrespective of age, gender, ability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, health, educational background, or financial standing.
- As individuals we are committed to personal development, which involves self-reflection, a willingness to learn, take responsibility and be open to change.
- We are committed to creating structures of governance, economic systems, and organisational processes that promote equality of opportunity and participation within the whole community.
- As individuals we are personally responsible for our actions and behaviour in relation to ourselves, others and the environment.
- We recognise that we need practice and experience as well as words to bring about change in ourselves and others.
- We will regularly jointly reflect on the effectiveness of our work and how it serves to meet our aims.