Provisional list of resources we are considering sharing:
- White goods e.g. washing machines and freezers
- Shared vehicles to minimize private car use
- Storage facilities
- Possibly workshop and studio facilities or at least divided up to give separate units
- Guest accommodation
- Possibly office space with computers, printers, etc.
- Tools and equipment
- Communal kitchen, dining room, lounge, library on ground floor of main house for meals, meetings and celebrations
- Garden and land, including polytunnel, greenhouse, etc.
- Communal outbuildings for storage of food and crops (dry and frost-free)
- Logs for fuel
- Indoor space for playing games e.g. table tennis, etc. which can also be used for large meetings, hiring out for courses etc.
- Alternative energy such as wind turbine, solar, wood chip boiler, combined heat and power
- Broadband connection
- Meditation rooms/building
- Bulk buying of food and other household items
- Shared meals – once a week? once a month? And at special occasions and events. No obligation to eat meals together.
- Maintenance of buildings and land.
Resources we will we not be sharing
- Individual living space: which may be as big as a whole house or as small as a single room. Additionally some residents may require their own studio and/or therapy room or other workspace
- Income, but some residents may well cooperate in a business venture
- Personal property such as televisions, radios, personal computers, dvds, etc. and other equipment and furniture in our own homes
- Some gardens and/or allotments may be private